St John the Evangelist
Consecrated in 1841, the Grade II* listed church of St John’s was originally built to serve the area of artisan dwellings created as the town of Bury St Edmunds spread northwards during the early Victorian period. The church was designed by William Ranger and is one of his most important ecclesiastical building designs.
The project will address roof and rainwater goods repairs, as well as some high level stonework repairs and roof insulation work.
Top tips from completed project feedback:
Monthly site meetings of client, architect and contractor are absolutely essential on a project of this size
Our architect was fully on top of the detail throughout and this took a lot of weight from our shoulders