St Clement's is an impressive Listed Grade II church built in 1877/8 by Austin & Paley. It is built in red brick with some fine brick and terracotta detailing to door and window surrounds, eaves, cornices, buttresses and entrance. Situated in the heart of Ordsall, it forms an architectural focal point, towering high above low rise modern residential development.
The project will replaceterracotta tracery around the south aisle and vestry windows, matching precisely the existing sections as they are beyond repair. Glazing will be remade with new saddle bars and leaded lights. This will make windows structurally safe and weathertight and will help to conserve the fabric of the building. It will also greatly enhance the interior by allowing increased levels of light. Repairs and refurbishment will also take place in the Lady Chapel to make the room usable to enable the church to develop and continue to meet the community needs.