The church dates from the 12th Century but it is believed that the site may have been used for religious purposes as early as the 7th Century. There are a number of interesting features including a barrel shaped Norman font with chevron carvings, a medieval water stoop and the large Button chapel added in c.1626 by the local major landowning family.
Serious rising damp issues and faulty rainwater goods have caused damage to internal and external walls. Corroded window bars threaten the stability of the large chancel window. This grant will facilitate works to construct French Drains around the perimeter of building; construct two soakaways and refurbish and replace damaged rainwater goods with period cast iron ones.