St.Andrew's was built 1154-1189 on the site of a former iron age settlement (based on excavated pottery and loom weights dated to c800 BC from an area adjacent to the Chancel ).Key features comprise an ancient aumbry in the east wall and piscina with drain, Norman arched north aisle,Victorian restoration by Clarke 1864 in S aisle with carved acanthus leaves.Unusual window with reversed mullion allegedly for distribution of alms to plague victims. Medieval glass and stained examples by Hardman 1869. Archbishop Laud on List of Incumbents, Memorials to Belgraves,including an MC awarded to James as WWI flying ace (18 downed planes). Also Man Dobsons -Admiral under Nelson fought in sea engagements of American War of Independence in the White Squadron. Also his son who mapped Irrawaddy and brought Burma into British influence. Memorial to Paul McKenna awarded a VC at Omdurman .Pulpit comprises oak from Armada ship.
The grant will help the church to install toliets and a kitchen.