Our Lady Star of the Sea & St Michael
Our Lady Star of the Sea and St Michael is a Grade II listed landmark building of local and regional significance. The church was designed by Edward Welby Pugin to replace a Benedictine Mission Chapel of 1813, and completed in 1876. The extensive scheme of superb stained glass (1876-1930s) are by notable stained glass companies of the time, including Hardman of Birmingham and Barnett of Leith.
The grant will support our Steering Group, established in 2015, to re-define our priorities after an unsuccessful bid for £1.3M to the Heritage Lottery Fund's Heritage programme.