Holy Trinity

 

Holy Trinity Church stands in the centre of the village and is of Norman foundation with some fine later medieval additions. The church’s massive detached tower was built in about 1230-1240 and is one of seven such towers in Herefordshire. Originally the tower had a spire, which was struck by lightning in 1638 and eventually replaced with the present pitched roof and weathervane in 1812. The tower was built for defensive purposes in the troubled border marches.

View more churches or chapels we have helped in this county