The church opened in October 1956. It was built on a new estate on land allocated by the local council for church purposes, partly funded from war damage reparations from a church in Portsmouth. The new extension has been designed by Studio 4 Architects of Southampton and is being constructed by RV Dart & Son (Builders) Ltd of Romsey. The project will improve the building by providing a new entrance foyer to make the building more accessible and more visually attractive, new toilet facilities, space for people from the church and community to meet, improved refreshment facilities, and two new rooms.
Top tips from completed project feedback:
- Employ a good architect, who is committed to the scheme.