The church was built in 1858. It is built of stone with a high slate tile roof. It stands just outside the village on a hill with commanding views all round.1997. The church is listed on the Department of the Environment list of buildings of special architectural or historic interest.
The project will repair the stonework where there has been significant erosion due to bad weather, and will also repair the windows.