Acton Parish Church, Poyntzpass

 

Acton Parish Church, situated at the entrance to Poyntzpass village, was built in 1789 with later additions by renowned architects Welland & Gillespie. This church was a replacement for the earlier church built in 1684 by Sir Toby Poyntz.

The building is listed category B and the tower features an interesting Georgian Memento Mori sundial by Thomas McCreash, Poyntzpass dating from 1819.

View more churches or chapels we have helped in this county