Quintessentially characteristic Early English and Decorated church overlooking the Vale of Belvoir.
This was clearly a church of importance by that time, and the pillars in the eastern part of the nave survive from a Norman cruciform church.
Successive centuries, with their differing styles of Gothic, have left their imprint: 13th century doorway and windows in the north aisle; fluid tracery of the 14th century in the windows of the Lady Chapel, and a crypt of the same period; Perpendicular work of the 1480s in the 15th century Corpus Christi Chapel and a lovely 15th century font. The church has essentially changed little since that time.
The gargoyles and corbels on the exterior are a gallery of medieval face pulling.
The chained library of 1598 is still in its original room above the south porch. Founded by Francis Trigge, a farsighted clergyman of the time, it was the first public reference library in the country.