Church, manor house and overall setting combine here to make a memorable scene.
In 1865 the Diocesan Architect, Benjamin Ferrey, rebuilt tiny Lufton church in approved Victorian style, but he left the Norman font, some interesting medieval and seventeenth century grave markers, and a fourteenth century piscina for us to admire, and to testify to the history of a thousand years of worship on this site.
The church has been enriched with additional gifts of a fine east window by Kemp, showing Martha and Mary receiving Our Lord in their home, with the legend 'In Thy Presence is the Fulness of Joy' , some exceptionally fine brass work, and restrained and elegant oak panelling and pews. There is a fine carved oak eagle lectern, and a soldier's cross from the battlefields of the First World War, brought home when it was replaced with a permanent headstone.
The church is beautifully maintained, and has an air of neat serenity. It is always full of flowers, it has a superb small neo classical organ used not only as an aid to worship, but for concerts and recitals. It is beautifully maintained, and is obviously very much loved by its small but devoted congregation.