St Nicholas church was begun in 1087 and is believed to be the oldest church in Rutland.
St Nicholas dates back to the 14th century although only the bell tower remains from that time. The nave and chancel were largely rebuilt in Victorian Gothic style in 1879. The work was funded by Revd J Henry Fludyer in memory of his three youngest children who died from Scarlet Fever.
St Nicholas was saved from closure in 2017 by combining the parish with nearby Cottesmore and a commitment by the community to raise funds and a volunteer workforce to maintain and renovate the building. The church remains fully licensed but has a limited number of services each year. The building provides a valuable resource for the community and promotes public interest in local heritage and history through a project funded by the National Lottery Heritage Fund. The church hosts a cafe every Saturday.