One of the finest fabrics in the district of the Perpendicular period.
Fowler retained much of the medieval stonework, especially the south doorway and north arcade.
The rather curious font has a bowl from the 13th century, set atop a 19th century base. In the churchyard stands a medieval cross. In the churchyard are 39 war graves, including German, Canadian, Australian, and British service personnel.
Lincolnshire is RAF country, with a wealth of airfields big and small. One of the earliest RAF bases in the county was established outside North Coates in 1916. It was closed after the end of the war, then reopened in 1927 as an Armament Practice Camp. In 1940 it was made into a full airfield again, only to close once more in 1947.