See our Norman arches!
Various details of the church suggest that it may have been of high status in the pre-conquest 11th century, possibly even of minster status. The remaining Anglo-Saxon stonework in the church includes two reused decorated stones, a grave cover and a grave marker, both in the north aisle. There are also several examples of reused stones with 12th-13th century cross pattee decoration.
The wooden bench ends are of possible medieval date, and are carved with an assortment of figures.
The arrangement of the south aisle arcade is unusual and it has been suggested that this may be due to a recluse having been accommodated in the church. The remains of a chapel can also be seen, with the piscina and aumbry. It is known that a chapel was restored or repaired by a rector in 1479.
John Bagworth, a vicar at Wilsford in the 15th century, was suspected of having heretical opinions and his books and writings were investigated by the bishop.