St Mary’s church is situated in the centre of the village next to The Beauchamp Arms and Wintour’s Green.
It is well known in the area for the small wild daffodils which grow wild in the fields during the spring.
Local maps of recognised walks are sold in the church and a permanent display relating to the Dymock Poets is positioned at the west end of the nave.
The substantial tower houses six bells which were rehung in 1984. The heaviest is a tenor which weighs 17.6 cwt. A significant two manual organ built by Nicholson in 1884 is housed in the chancel. The Raikes Family replaced stained glass windows and the roof in the 1890’s. Stained glass enthusiasts will be keen to spot the Kempe windows.