Croxby church is dedicated to All Saints and is a grade II* listed building of ironstone dating from the 12th century, with later additions and restorations.
St Mary's is solidly built of yellow sandstone and was extensively rebuilt by James Fowler around 1879. It retains a late Norman doorway and a Norman arch at the west end of the building that was once part of a tower that was taken down prior to 1879 for safety reasons. The nave, chancel & font are dated as 14th century work. A little older are four floors tones, three enriched with floriated crosses.