St Thomas church was built in 1886 and stands proud in the centre of the eastside of Swansea.
The church has undergone many alterations over the years but what we see today is a Early English gothic church designed by Sir Arthur Blomfield.
Blomfield’s church was beautified internally throughout the early twentieth century, but tragically burned to the ground in February 1941 as a result of German bombing. Reconstruction took until 1959 to plan and execute.
Rebuilt almost in its entirety, St Mary’s possesses a rare artistic unity, the product of the great vision of successive vicars Jack Thomas and Harry Williams.