Built of ironstone and chalk, St Peter's has undergone much restoration yet still retains its rural Lincolnshire charm.
The font is St Mary’s chief treasure and dates from the 15th century. It is large enough for the priest to obey the rubric of the 1662 Book of Common Prayer; '…if they (the godparents) shall certify him that the child may endure it, the child would be dipped in the water discreetly and warily'.
Around the bowl are eight panels, seven with carved shields. These panels portray a lion rampant, four small crosses, a Maltese cross, a Latin cross, three fleur de lys lilies which were the emblems of the Kings of France and England, a cross, three dice, robe and lantern, several nails, scourges spear and reed, and finally Christ rising from the tomb symbolising the Christian hope, welcome life!
Although the church dates from medieval time, the nave and south aisle roofs were destroyed in 1685 and the present roof dates from 1902 and 1984. The recently restored belfry now houses three bells.
And finally a fine organ built by Forster & Andrews of Hull in 1888. It is a single manual instrument with six stops and 293 decorated zinc plates.