For many years, people have worshipped on the site of St Peter's, in the small, rural village of Trusthorpe and visitors have often remarked on the atmosphere or spirit of the place.
An effigy of Robert de Mablethorp can be seen. The head of the figure rests on a pillow upheld by angels, beneath the feet are two dragons engaged in battle. This ancient church dates from 1300 and stood proud on the site for centuries but during the 1976 drought, the clay bed shrank, causing cracking to the structure. A window commemorates the rebuilding that followed.