Beautifully updated ancient church.
A medieval parish church, carefully restored in 1904 by C Forde Whitcombe, with a reredos of 1927 in carved unpainted oak by Arts & Crafts architect John Coates Carter.
Herbrandston is celebrated as one of the few villages where all service men and women returned safely from both wars, and from all conflicts since. In thanksgiving a beautiful deeply carved reredos was given to the church by the people of Herbrandston.
The church also contains a 14th century effigy of an unknown knight and two medieval corbel heads, one with a mitre and other with a coronet placed one each side of the nave walls.