The current church dedicated to St Mark was built in 1838-41 under the direction of John Keble, then minister at the neighbouring parish of Hursley. Keble was a leading light in the Oxford Movement. He designed a church which tells the story of God alive and at work in the world with every brick. It is a theatre for the soul, and a place of great love. Today it remains a wonderful space for worship, and almost exactly as Keble intended.
St Marks was designed by Keble of the Oxford Movement and stands in a wooded glade at the heart of the village of Ampfield.
Follow this church
Other nearby churches
East Wellow, Hampshire
Flint walls, a low, steeply pitched roof and a 15th century wooden porch give the outside of St Margaret's a quiet rural charm.
Founded in 907, the abbey was at first a nunnery then, from 974, a Benedictine Abbey of nuns.