It is hard to imagine a more idyllic country church than St Margaret's, its location is pure magic, one of the loveliest spots in the Cotswolds.
The present church was built in 1819 on the site of the old Norman church, affectionately known as the Pitchcombe Cradle. It retains a single bell dating from the 14th century and also four large stone tablets dating from the 17th century which are hung on the walls. These depict The Creed, The Lord's Prayer and The Ten Commandments.
There are some fine stained glass windows and an attractive painted reredos which has recently been restored. In recent years some reordering has taken place.
The churchyard contains some fine table tombs, together with two war graves and the war memorial. Situated close by is the village hall, which was once the village school. The whole complex is the hub of village life.