The church of St Gwynog dates back to the 13th century but was largely rebuilt in 1857.
The great glory of the church is its rood loft and screen, probably built in about 1500. The cross beams and the underside of the loft are carved with vine and oakleaf trails, wyverns, interlace and circle motifs.
There is a jumble of late medieval glass including a rather odd figure of a bishop with unnaturally large hands and an oversized crozier in the north window of the nave. We eventually realised that it was made up of fragments of at least two bishops coerced into one figure by the Victorian restorers.
The grave of the poet John Ceiriog Hughes is in the graveyard.