Sitting alongside the Roman Watling Street, there has been a church at the heart of Stony Stratford since 1451.
It stands adjacent to a remarkable 15th century dovecote all beautifully preserved by the Churches Conservation Trust.
The 13th century chancel is the oldest part of the building with the nave and tower being rebuilt by Edward Furtho circa 1620.
Also from the period are the octagonal font and some of the windows. Since the early 1990s sensitive repairs have been made leaving a building redolent of its history.