With its sumptuous interior, this church was rebuilt in 1875 as part of the catholic revival in the Church of England.
The name is said to derive from a Saxon tribe, Empings. The village Epintone is in the Domesday Book. The church was reconstructed in the 14th century, the porch being added in the 15th century.
Considerable restoration work was done in 1879 under Mr Ewan Christian, the chancel arch was widened and the box pews removed. The painting on the north wall is a 15th century representation of St Christopher.
The churchyard wall was built in 1614 and successive generations have maintained it as best as they were able. Over the years, field stones, masonry rubble, faulty chancel floor tiles and bricks from the redundant brickfield behind Doctor's Close, have all been used in the wall.
Two of the bells are 15th century. The treble (by Richard Hille 1423-1440) has been calling people to church for nearly 600 years. The tenor was recast in 1925.
The niche by the pulpit is 15th century. It now houses a wooden crucifix made in 1975 by LW Pendred. The roof was restored completely in 1989, with new guttering and downpipes.
The east window was designed and made by Goddard and Gibbs (London) in 1991, and dedicated on St Andrew's Day of that year. The apples and pears in the window are to commemorate Chivers and the sweet peas and gladioli Unwins. Both these family firms have given a great deal to Impington throughout the 20th century.