Nicholas Leache, rector of Belchford in 1536, was one of the ringleaders in the Lincolnshire Rising in which 3,000 people marched through the county to protest against closure of the monasteries by Henry VIII.
The Grade II listed church of St Andrew, constructed of local greenstone, is essentially modern, with only a 14th century two seater sedilia left from an earlier church.
The font and reredos were decoratively carved by the village blacksmith. Also of interest is the memorial tablet to the mysterious Richardi Du Gard.
The village was the birthplace of Henry Winn, a local writer and poet, and a dedicated display to his life and works sits proud on the north wall. Many years after his death he was recognised by the Guinness Book of Records as the longest serving parish clerk, having held that position for 84 years!
From its elevated position, Fulletby offers spectacular panoramic views which really should be seen, words and pictures can’t do it justice. The Viking Way, a 147 mile long distance footpath runs alongside the church, which is open daily and provides shelter and sustenance to travellers.