The architect was Edwin Francis Reynolds and it is considered to be the church which made his reputation. St Germain's is Grade II listed, and was one of very few built during the First World War, being consecrated in September 1917.
Newman House was built in 1956 as the Catholic Chaplaincy for the University of Birmingham. It is named after Blessed John Henry Newman.
We are a lively community made of students, staff and friends of the University. Our chapel is well used for Mass and services throughout the week. We have halls which are used during the week by members of the wider community and of course the students. All are welcome and we are delighted to meet people who came here in the past.