The chapel is above the old stables built at Raithby Hall in 1779 by the then owner Robert Carr Brackenbury, and is one of the oldest Methodist chapels still in use in the country.
Built in the 12th century, Holy Trinity underwent restoration in 1873 under the direction of George Gilbert Scott, when the chancel, nave and aisles were wholly rebuilt.
A memorial window is dedicated to Mary Jeanette Rawnsley who died in 1873. The Rawnsley family also gave three stained glass windows to the church in 1887.
The lychgate dates from 1907 and is dedicated to the memory of Sophy Janet Rawnsley. Following the restoration of the perpendicular tower in 1895, a new west window was installed with glass designed by CE Kemp. It bears the inscription 'To the glory of God and in memory of Mary Jeanette Rawnsley by her children'.