The church of the Holy Cross is thatched and consists of a nave, chancel, western tower and north porch all built in flint with stone quoins. The tomb of Sir John de Caston, who died in 1374 is reputed to be located in an alcove in the north wall of the nave.
The splendid collared scissor truss roof is barrel shaped with chestnut boarding and painted in barber's pole fashion with gilded bosses. From the chancel roof a fine brass candelabra is suspended containing eighteen candles in two tiers. This may have originally came from Hampton Court Palace. The most ancient seats in the chancel are both on the south side and are misericords. These being hinged which, when turned up, have on their undersides a shelf to provide support for a person standing. The shelves bear beautifully carved heads.
The main west door of the church has an ogee arch, each side being made up of two curves which meet in an apex, an unusual feature in this part of Norfolk. The tower is at the western end of the nave and has six bells. The parvis or priest's room is located in the extreme western end of the north wall of the nave where a flight of spiral steps leads directly into the room.
The roof was rethatched with Norfolk reed in 2018.