St Martin's, designed by George Bodley and completed in 1863, is famous in the area and features excellent examples of preRaphaelite stained glass.
This Grade II* listed church was built in 1135 on the site of a ruined Chapel. A Norman arch and the tower were inserted in the 14th century. The building suffered greatly during the suppression of local Chantries and in 1548 the bell and lead roof were removed. The church contains a Norman font and there is a Norman beaked arch over the south door.