St Augustine's church is known as the 'Wee Church on the Walls' and is thought to be the site of a 6th century monastery.
The present structure, located close to the original, was completed in 1633 by William Parrot, in the Planters Gothic style. Also in the porch is an inscription: If stones could speake then London's prayse should sound who built this church and cittie from the grounde.
St Columb has in its possession many documents dating back from the Siege of Derry. They have portraits of William of Orange and the original keys of the city. The Cathedral also contains a memorial to Valentine Munbee McMaster VC.
Each stone and stained glass window, each historic artefact and colourful mosaic, tells of a faith and hope which has inspired the people of Belfast and the community who worship here across the span of the 20th century.