St Anne's was built by the generous gift of Sir John Siddeley Lord Kenilworth in 1914 as a CofE mission church and also doubled as a 1930 community hall for the munitions workers in the area, and included a cinema. We still have the projection room with the hole in the wall overlooking the church interior!
The building was later in the 1930s given full church status, and has been a treasured building for many years by the local families for services that are rites of passage, such as Christenings, Weddings and Celebrations of Life (funerals). The church has a beautiful natural oak screen size 91’x91’ with door inscribed with: “In memory of Lord and Lady Kenilworth” as well as a gorgeous stained glass window which we light by LED at night as local peopel with mental health problems inform us it has saved lives. The church continues to be well-used by the local community as well as for weekly groups and services.
Our motto is "Inclusive and life-transforming church" where everybody is welcome - we offer a flavour of heaven with the wonderful diversity of people who attend our groups and services!