In the heart of the Somerset village of Nunney, within 200m of Nunney Castle, the village is at the east end of the Mendip Hills.
The church is in a glorious setting. It has been on the same site since the 11th century. The tower was added in the 15th century. The nave was reroofed and the chancel rebuilt and enlarged in 1856. In 1867 a stone laying ceremony was held for the organ chamber and vestry, which was dedicated in 1869 by Revd JH Horner, Rector of Mells and Patron of Cloford. The porch was added in 1887 for the jubilee.
There are no aisles, but the church has great spatial unity with three arm candelabra on every other pew and magnificent hanging lamps in the chancel, which also has a superb reredos from the 1856 chancel rebuild, in excellent condition. There is a Norman font. The church has one side chapel on the north side, the Horner chapel, in which is the magnificent 1676 painted limestone wall monument to Sir George Horner (the rebuilder of Cloford Manor) and his wife Lady Anne. This monument is extremely rare and underwent a five month, £40,000 restoration in 2022.