Unmissable Snowdonia mountain church.
The first building is believed to have been erected around 1819; it was rebuilt in 1841 and then extended in 1864/5 to seat a congregation of 350. Stables were added the following year and a schoolroom in 1882.
The simple exterior façade contains architectural details characteristic of the nineteenth century such as arched windows and doors. Inside the square plan has three aisles instead of the more usual two, a slanted floor to give the congregation a better view of the pulpit and intricate ceiling roses.
As well as being a place of worship, the chapel houses an exhibition of local history, including photographs and stories of the families who worshipped there in its early days and copies of bills for the extension works in 1865. It also has an exhibition on the history of nonconformity in Wales.
The chapel is located on the North Wales Pilgrim’s Way. It is featured as one of the attractions on the route and in the entrance porch is an exhibition and information about the trail.