The church sits in a hollow amidst the rolling hills of the Wolds situated between Bigby and Grasby.
The tower is late 13th century and the stone is very weathered in places. The church contains two fonts, the oldest from the 14th century font is an octagonal bowl and was once used as a farm trough before being returned to the church in 1878. The second font is from the early 19th century and is made of marble. There is a modern rood beam and cross, carved in Oberammergau and installed in 1929. The chancel is up three steps and contains monuments to the Tyrwhitt family, including the tomb to Robert Tyrwhitt. William Tyrwhitt of nearby Kettelby was Sheriff of Lincoln. Born in 1488 and died in 1522. His son was Sir Robert Tyrwhitt, who was born in 1526 and married Elizabeth Oxenbridge. The couple had 22 children, all of whom are shown as weepers on their tomb, several died as babies. The tomb also features a strange wild man or Wodehowse covered in hair! The motto is 'Temps Esprou Verite', Time Tryeth Truth. Sir Robert was involved in the suppression of the Northern Rebellion of 1569, leading 250 of his tenantry with the army. He died in 1581. Elizabeth is famous for writing a prayer book. She was an educated woman who spent much time at court.