The church is set back from the High Street in the old village of Bushey, behind a village green and a pond.
13th century listed with large church yard and tower.
Aldenham village is mentioned in the Domesday book. There is evidence of Roman style window (restored but in its original place) which gives a starting point of the 13th century for the history of the church. The lower part of the tower, the Purbeck font, and a large part of the Lady Chapel are from this period.
In the 14th century the Crowmer monuments and their canopies were added and in the 17th century the Sanctus bell was acquired and Katherine Cade’s kneeler monument was erected. The John and Deborah Coghill grand marble tomb was installed in the 19th century, along with the coloured marble monument erected for Robert and Sarah Hucks. The black and white memorial panels made of marble were inserted and the mosaics decorations created at this time too.
A Roll of Honour was published in the Parish magazine in 1915.
HMS Aldenham sank hit by a mine in the Adriatic 14th Dec 1944, and it was the last Royal Navy destroyer lost. Since then the church holds a special service every year on the Sunday nearer to that date. The wreck was found in 1999-2000 and declared a war grave. The spire was destroyed by a bomb in 1940 was repaired in 1951.
The tower has 8 bells rung before services by local ringers with practice night on Mondays. The church also has a splendid organ and pianos. Perfect location for weddings and other private ceremonies with its well kept and often colourful churchyard.