Parts of the thirteenth century building can be found in St Laurence’s, which was enlarged between 1490 and 1520 in the perpendicular style. Pre-Reformation painted plaster still shows. Tudor roses dating to 1486 have been restored.
The project will create an extension with an accessible toilet and servery. The church already holds concerts, a fete, and a flower festival – it is rarely empty. The village public toilet was closed, and the café is sometimes closed. The new facilities will enable much more community use.