All Saints

 

The earliest documentary reference to the church relates to the appropriation of the church to Merton Priory between 1186 and 1200. A survey for the Royal Commission on Historical Monuments in 1983-6 concluded that the oldest parts of the building were the base of the tower and nave, dating from the 12th century.

This grant is to help pay for the cost of urgent stone repairs at all levels around the church, but predominantly the window surrounds and larger areas of walling to the tower. Repairs also include re-leading works to glazing, renewal of a timber framed clerestory window, attention to rainwater goods and the wind indicator to the tower.

View more churches or chapels we have helped in this county