St Peter's dates from the 12th century with later extensions, have an interesting font with a Spode font basin that was installed in 1814 and the front of the altar is formed from the tomb stone of the last abbess of Torksey.
The church is primarily 11th century, with a mixture of Saxon and Norman architectural styles. Much of the preconquest Saxon church of the 11th century remains, with refreshingly little interference from the restoration of 1868. The walls of the west tower, in particular, exhibit traditional Saxon herringbone stonework. In the west wall of the porch are the remains of what is thought to be a Saxon cross shaft, laid horizontally in the masonry. In the chancel is a small crucifix, thought to be 12th century, which was discovered during building work on the church. The crucifix is unusual in that Jesus's feet are separated, rather than overlapped, as is common. The south aisle features octagonal columns and capitals supporting pointed arches. The capitals have some lovely Norman teardrop carvings. In the churchyard is a war memorial formed from what may be a medieval market cross.