Join today and become part of our growing family of over 200 specialist craftspeople working to support the heritage of the UK's churches and chapels.
Supporting the diverse network of companies who work with historic buildings.
The Specialist Skills Directory is an online, searchable resource on the National Churches Trust's website, which helps volunteers and church staff to find professionals, craftsmen and services to help them to manage their church or chapel.
Originally called the Professional Trades Directory, we created it seven years ago in recognition of the specialist companies whose work aligns with our own. Since that time it has grown from strength to strength and now over 200 specialists crafts people and heritage organisations subscribe annually. By joining our Specialist Skills Directory you can ensure that your company name and brand can be seen by those seeking your products or services.
It provides us a platform to illustrate our support for ecclesiastical architecture
: Artisan Plastercraft
Why become a member?
As the Historic Churches Preservation Trust, then the National Churches Trust, we’ve been working with churches for nearly 70 years, and are a key point of contact and funding for those who need to maintain, repair or modernise their buildings.
"The National Churches Trust provides us a platform to illustrate our support for ecclesiastical architecture and generate enquiries for plaster restoration to ensure the nations churches are maintained in good order. There is also the technical benefit of a website backlink and the opportunity to showcase our work and skills on to your audience." Russell Brewis of Artisan Plastercraft
This directory offers a comprehensive listing of professional crafts and trades. Anything from a leaking roof or stained glass that needs repairing, to new toilet facilities that need installing, to IT support and fundraising consultants. Found on our website, it is extremely popular with churches and local churches trusts who are searching for specialists to help them with their church projects. As a member, your company will be featured under the category specific to your trade and you will also have a page dedicated to your business where you can promote your skills and activities.
- A company listing in the specialist directory on our website.
- A listing in our Annual Review which is distributed to 7,000 recipients each summer including over 2,000 churches.
- Promotion of the Specialist Skills Directory and a chance to feature and /or advertise in our Friends Newsletter published twice a year (circulation 7,000 per issue). This includes mailing to 2,000 churches.
- Promotion in our monthly e-bulletin (16,000 subscribers).
- A news section on our website where you can submit articles about your work with churches and publicise your company.
- Engagement and awareness building of your business through our online community on social media.
- The option to work with us on a special feature of your company and/or trade via a publication or online.
- Logos for you to use both on and ofﬂine.
- Event invitations from time to time.
- Advertising and sponsorship of our publications and events. Please contact us for more details on upcoming opportunities
Have you undertaken an interesting project? Please do share your stories with us so we can create exciting articles to showcase your work to church representatives.
The UK's most comprehensive guide to skilled craftspeople working in the church heritage sector.
Get your business listed
For just £120 per year, you can join our growing family of specialist businesses working in the heritage sector and enjoy all benefits membership offers.