The 2017 Repair Grants Programme is currently open for applications
Our Repair Grants programme offers grants usually of between £5,000 and £40,000 towards the cost of urgent and essential structural repair projects.
Are you eligible?
- Is yours a Christian place of worship in the UK, and open for regular public worship?
- Was your place of worship built as a place of worship originally, and are the works proposed due to take place within or attached to the place of worship?
- Is your total project cost estimated at over £100,000 (including VAT and fees)?
- Have you already raised 50% of the total project cost?
- Is the project being led by a qualified professional, with conservation accreditation if it is a listed building?
- Have you received an offer or refusal letter from the Heritage Lottery Fund (or equivalent major grant body) or Listed Places of Worship Roof Repair Fund
For guidance notes, full criteria and priorities and the online application form to apply, follow the link below.
The next deadline for applications is 3 July 2017 (the form meanwhile will close for revisions to be made until it is relaunched in September - please do not start a new form now if you do not intend to apply for the 3 July deadline, please wait for the form to relaunch).
Subsequent deadlines will be: 30 October 2017 for a decision in March 2018, 5 March 2018 for a decision in July 2018, 2 July 2018 for a decision in November 2018.
You can find out more about our grants and how to apply by watching the video below.
Repair applicants with necessary facilities in place can also be considered for National Churches Trust Micro-Grant in Partnership with the Cinnamon Network. These are additional £2,000 micro-grants available to successful applicants to set up a Cinnamon Network Recognised Project that meets the needs of local people. The micro-grants allow churches to set up social action projects such as CAP Money Courses, Make Lunch and Parish Nursing. Successful churches will also be able to access the support and training provided by Cinnamon Network’s regional Advisers and Trainers.
If your building is in England or Scotland, and the project has a cost of less than £100,000, please visit our Partnership Grants page. There is a list of local trusts that we work with using local knowledge to target grants for a wide range of repair projects with costs of up to £100,000. If there is a local trust in your area and they are not listed, you may still be able to apply under their own grants programme. Please use this page to find their contact details.
For all other churches whose total project costs are less than £100,000, contact the office firstname.lastname@example.org - at our discretion we may consider an application.
Please also see our JustGiving offer which offers churches and chapels FREE access to the whole JustGiving platform, saving the usual £15 a month subscription fee.