Quinquennial Inspectors and the Professional Trades Directory
Connecting your architectural or surveyors practice with local churches by joining our Professional Trades Directory.
The National Churches Trust and the Church of England are delighted to be working together to promote suitably qualified and experienced quinquennial inspectors to churches, and also to chapels and meeting houses.
Three months free when you subscribe by 31 December 2021
Recent legal changes mean that churches have a wider choice when arranging quinquennial inspections. In the Church of England system, Diocesan Advisory Committees should advise them on their choice of Inspector with reference to the Church Buildings Council guidance. This states that new appointments should be made through a formal tendering process, scored against clear criteria related to the Listing Grade and complexity of the church building in question, and the experience, accreditation (as appropriate) and skillset of the applicants.
In response to this, and as part of an initiative to promote high standards in building care, we are delighted to be able to offer suitably qualified and experienced professionals a limited special offer when you subscribe to the National Churches Trust's online directory, the Professional Trades Directory (PTD).
The PTD is an online, searchable resource on the National Churches Trust's website. It helps volunteers and church staff to find professionals, craftsmen and services to help them to manage their church or chapel. Your practice would be listed in our new Qunquennial Inspections category.
Annual subscription is usually £144 (incl VAT) when you sign up by one-off payment or £120 by Direct Debit. For a limited time only we are delighted to offer quinquennial inspectors the lower first year rate of £100 (incl VAT) by Direct Debit and will give you three months free. For example, if you sign up on 1 January your second annual subscription will be due in March 2022. To take up this offer please email email@example.com
During 2021, we aim to highlight the role and vital importance of the Quinquennial Inspector both online and in our publications. Practices signing up under this initiative will be highlighted in the directory. Churches will also have access to useful information about looking after their buildings.
Your online entry features your company name, who to contact, an email address and telephone number. There is a description of your business and can include any logo and picture. Any accreditations will be listed. In 2021 we plan to develop a new upgraded website and inclusion will be at no extra charge. The PTD will be promoted regularly through diocesan channels and Church of England networks. In addition, the National Churches Trust's networks extend across the UK from local churches, chapels and meeting houses to all Christian denominations and the faith heritage sector. The PTD is featured on the homepage of www.nationalchurchestrust.org. Last year, our website had over 650,000 views and over 160,000 users. A new website is in development and the PTD will be featured prominently. We also highlight Directory Members in our monthly e–newsletter which has over 14,000 subscribers. We will also list your company in our prestigious Annual Review with a circulation of 7,000.
To take up this offer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance. We will then liaise with you over how to subscribe. Please note that we reserve the right to exclude any company from the listing where we believe in our sole discretion that inclusion may represent a danger to churches and a reputational risk to the National Churches Trust. Circumstances might include public complaints received about a company or evidence of illegal activity, misrepresentation, fraud or other misdemeanour.
Why join the Professinal Trades Directory?
As the Historic Churches Preservation Trust then the National Churches Trust, we’ve been working with churches for nearly 70 years, and are a key point of contact and funding for those who need to maintain, repair or modernise their buildings.
Beneﬁts for PTD Members:
· A company listing in the specialist directory on our website.
· A listing in our Annual Review which is distributed to 7,000 recipients each summer including over 2,000 churches.
· Promotion of the PTD and a chance to feature and /or advertise in our Friends Newsletter published twice a year (circulation 5,000 per issue) and e-newsletter (14,000 subscribers).
· A news section on our website where you can submit articles about your work with churches and publicise your company.
· Engage with us and our online community on social media.
· The option to work with us on a special feature of your company and/or trade via a publication or online.
· Logos for you to use both on and ofﬂine.
· Event invitations from time to time.
· Help us to make a greater difference through advertising and sponsorship opportunities. We are open to discuss advertising and sponsorship opportunities for companies of all sizes. Our past events, publications and campaigns have featured well-known public ﬁgures such as Huw Edwards, Michael Palin, Bill Bryson and Joanna Lumley. Possible ideas include: Be featured at National Churches Trust supporters’ events such as our annual Carols in central London featuring some of our prominent supporters, our church tours, architecture and volunteer awards. Be featured online through sponsoring our Church of the Week feature and providing blogs. Become an ExploreChurches sponsor to reach a growing audience and more than 3,000 ExploreChurches registered churches.