Trinity Methodist Church
Trinity Methodist Church in South Elmsall is an attractive neo-gothic building, built in 1885 from Horseforth sandstone and Elland flagstones. The church is now the only public building and place of worship in the neighbourhood. The surrounding area is one of the 6% most deprived in England and Wales.
The Project Development Grant means that the church can commission a Feasibility Study looking into the reordering of the church, so that it can do more to help the local community. They want to create a community café, wish to provide drop-in sessions for parents at local schools, and provide facilities for school children to use the building for after-school study .