St Winifred's church was built in 1883 and enlarged in 1900. The building sits at the heart of the former mining village of Penrhiwceiber. The building was designed by the Llandaff Diocesan architect, Thomas Nicholson of Hereford (1823 - 1895) Alan Vernon Jones, author of the book 'Churches of the Cynon Valley', describes Nicholson as 'an architect of some distinction' and goes on to say that 'his design of St Winifred's stands out among church designs of somewhat lower standards elsewhere in the Cynon Valley because of his clever use of good quality stone'. St Winifred's is indeed a beautiful building and a much-loved church within the local community.
Repointing and coping stone repairs, renew defective leadwork, also work to secure bell-cote