St Michael and All Angels
St Michael's is a Grade II* listed church situated on the edge of the village in a beautiful hilltop setting with fine views from the churchyard towards Ross and the Forest of Dean. The church has a fine collection of Georgian tombs and a medieval churchyard cross. In the 19th century the church was restored by the eminent Victorian architect George Frederick Bodley, who was closely connected with Herefordshire through his wife and worked on several local churches. The present delightful interior is largely due to the restoration of 1907-8 by noted Arts and Crafts architect, William Douglas Caroe.
St Michael's has been closed since 2012, as the scope of repairs required were beyond the capacity of the community at that time. The project will address the urgent major repairs needed to the tower, the roofs, rainwater goods, stonework, the porch, several windows, internal walls and ceilings, and electrics. The work should remove St Michael’s from the Heritage At Risk Register, make it wind and watertight, and see it re-open with regular worship and a sustainable future.