St Mary’s Church is a well-maintained 14th century church with, unusually, the tower at the east end of the church. Originally it was a central tower but the Chancel connected to it collapsed. Herringbone masonry shows that it is structurally Early Norman. The west and east arches date from 1300 or a little earlier. The church has an interesting Jacobean pulpit described as “exceptionally splendid,’ by one church architect.
A £15,000 National Churches Trust Cornerstone Grant will help fund essential repairs to the roof of the Grade II* listed church, making the building watertight and preserving its historic fabric.