Pevsner describes the building as squared and rubble flint-work dressed with stones dating from the early 14th century. It consists of Chancel, with South Porch, Nave, North Aisle, Lady Chapel and Tower. The Nave was altered in 1838 and the North Aisle built in 1906, giving the building a Victorian feel.
A £5,000 National Churches Trust Cornerstone Grant will help fund toilets at the Grade II* listed St Mary church, Docking, enabling it to better serve its community .After discussions with our Architect, he has drawn up plans to put an accessible toilet and a unisex toilet in the NW corner of the church. He plans to match the wooden panels outside the toilet enclosure with the new oak archway round the South door. Having two toilets will enable the church better to host events.