St Macartans (Forth Chapel), Augher

 

St Macartans was constructed between 1838-46. The Chapel is known locally as Forth Chapel as it is situated within an earlier historic enclosure described as a ringfort. The building is listed B+. The stained glass within was designed and installed by Jacob Clarke and Sons, Dublin, which later became world famous as the Harry Clarke Studios.

The church received a Treasure Ireland Grant to assist in the repair of rotten timber window frames to prevent further impact on the building fabric.

View more churches or chapels we have helped in this county

Back to Map