St John the Baptist

 

This Grade II* listed church was built in 1135 on the site of a ruined Chapel. A Norman arch and the tower were inserted in the 14th century.The building suffered greatly during the suppression of local Chantries and in 1548 the bell and lead roof were removed. The church contains a Norman font and there is a Norman beaked arch over the south door.

The grant will enable the church to repoint the tower, intsall drainage on the south elevation of the nave and replace stones around the priests door.

View more churches or chapels we have helped in this county