St Edmund or St James
St Edmund's is a large, well proportioned building of Norman origin with a fine, uniquely detailed post mediaeval tower. It serves a rural community of around 900 souls. The 1862 restoration was designed to provide for sung Matins and a congregation of 200. Interestingly, John Donne the poet and Dean of St Paul's was Rector, giving a chalice in 1626. The project is for remedial repairs and re-roofing of the nave, chancel, north / south aisle and south porch and rainwater goods.